Running a library requires some of the same skillset required to run a business, even if libraries don’t operate to make a profit. This page collects my notes and links to information about those skills.
Some notes and practical advice I wrote up while completing Google’s Digital Marketing course.
My notes on the art of negotiating.
The Skills Framework for the Information Age is a standardised set of names and descriptions for information technology skills.
GOOGLE’S 5 KEY DYNAMICS OF A SUCCESSFUL TEAM
Google’s research came up with 5 key dynamics of a successful team. They are:
- Psychological safety: Can we take risks on this team without feeling insecure or embarrassed?
- Dependability: Can we count on each other to do high quality work on time?
- Structure & clarity: Are goals, roles, and execution plans on our team clear?
- Meaning of work: Are we working on something that is personally important for each of us?
- Impact of work: Do we fundamentally believe that the work we’re doing matters?
The whole of Google’s Re:Work website is an interesting read to dip into.